I worked until 6 and got to pick up J from school on my way home..
Thankfully I anticipated being tired and hungry after the long day, so I had already planned on leftovers. I didn't think I'd feel like it, but I knew I had almost half an eggplant left to cook too if need be..
Jeremy was his usually patient self and sat in the kitchen (on the step bc there's no chair) to hang with me and tell me about his day. (He also posted some project pics to his flickr!:)
The eggplant and leftovers hit the spot! This time we dipped the eggplant in pesto & tomato sauce and it was delicious! (marinara may have been better, but I didn't splurge on that... no matter because
tomato did the trick:)...
And guess what else.. I tackled allll the dishes while Jeremy got started on his work. All of them. Done. Loading the dishwasher never held so much gratification!!
There were so many they took up the whole clean side of the sink AND our entire counter space (which isn't much, but still!;)
By the time supper & dishes and 10 minutes of snuggling were through it was 9pm, so I treated us to some hot tea and pulled up next to him on the couch [while he finished reading for school] for a few minutes of down time before bed. <3
Love you!
Thanks for cheking up on us!!
For Thursday I'm making something with black beans!! (prob just rice & chicken:)





No comments:
Post a Comment